Handheld Group, a leading manufacturer of rugged mobile computers, recently announced a major operating system (OS) upgrade—to Android 11—for the Algiz RT8 ultra-rugged Android tablet. The upgrade includes Android Enterprise Recommended (AER) certification which puts the Algiz RT8 on a select list of devices certified by Google to meet stringent enterprise-focused requirements. We will be reviewing this product soon for our review section.
Handheld and Algiz RT8
The Algiz RT8 ultra-rugged tablet is prepared for whatever the outside environment delivers — extreme temperatures, vibration, drops, water, and dust. This popular 8-inch tablet allows faster and more efficient work in the field.
The ultra-rugged Algiz RT8 tablet offers:
· Android 11 operating system with GMS, Android Enterprise Recommended (AER).
· An 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage.
· A sunlight-readable, 8-inch capacitive multi-touch display with super-hardened Gorilla Glass, plus rain and glove mode.
· IP67 ruggedness rating (including the ports) for fully waterproof and dust-tight performance.
· Wide operating temperatures of -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F).
· 4G/LTE high-speed data, Wi-Fi, BT and NFC.
· Superior built-in u-blox GNSS receiver for precise navigation using GPS, GLONASS, Galileo or BeiDou.
· Dual cameras, including a 13-megapixel rear-facing, and a 5-megapixel front-facing
· A powerful all-day, field-replaceable battery
· HDMI-out via pogo pin connector for docking the tablet in the office
· Multiple enterprise-focused accessories—including vehicle mount solutions, desk top cradle, rotating hand strap, carry cases, pole mount, and more—for efficient field work in a variety of industries.
· MaxGo mobile device management software to quickly apply custom settings to multiple devices.
“All new devices will come with Android 11, but with this operating system upgrade current users can can keep the familiar and functional device they know, but also add the improved security features of Android 11,” says Johan Hed, director of product management at Handheld Group. “Plus, the Enterprise Recommended certification proves that the Algiz RT8 has been certified by Google to meet stringent enterprise-focused requirements, adding an extra level of quality assurance for our customers.”
Article by [author-name] (c) Irish Tech News - Read full story here.