The Rainforest Alliance is an international non-profit at the intersection of business, agriculture, and forests. It aims to create a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities.
By joining forces with more than 2 million farmers managing 6.8+ hectares of certified farmland in 70 countries around the world, the Rainforest Alliance are working to address some of the world’s most pressing social and environmental challenges, including farmer livelihoods, child labour and deforestation.
The Rainforest Alliance report includes:
· Data and impacts of the Rainforest Alliance and UTZ certification programmes across cocoa, coffee, tea and bananas
· A look into the new 2020 Rainforest Alliance certification programme (which has replaced former Rainforest Alliance and UTZ programmes since July 2021)
· The Rainforest Alliance’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and how we supported our frontline community partners throughout this crisis
· How the Rainforest Alliance have worked to transform the cocoa sector – the world’s largest-scale initiative to drive more sustainable cocoa farming
· Highlights and impact figures from the Rainforest Alliance’s key projects in the field around the world
Prepared by Suzanna Hayek
Article by [author-name] (c) Irish Tech News - Read full story here.